STUDENT'S NAME_______________ID#________ CLASS_______ DATE_________
Printout # CM-1
CONTOUR MAPS WORK SHEET 1
On the map, the dashed lines represent streams, the full, curvy lines are contours. A north arrow, the scale, and the contour interval are indicated on the map.
INSTRUCTIONS: Show your calculations neatly at the bottom of the page.
- In what general direction does the stream flow? Towards the ______ (0.5 pts.)
- Neatly label all contours. (7 pts.)
- What is the average gradient along the stream from dot A to dot B? The gradient is _______ feet per mile. (1 pt.)
- What are ranges of possible elevations for points D, E and F? (1.5 pts.)
- D is greater than________ and less than ________
- E is greater than________ and less than ________
- F is greater than________ and less than ________
© 2010 David Leveson/Revised by G. Rocha and Michelle O'Dea