NOW THAT YOU'VE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK ON THE GREY BAR BELOW AND....
- After you have read these instructions (1 through 6), you will go to the Virtual Miscellaneous Visual Properties Testing Lab. There you will see the Gallery of Miscellaneous Visual Properties. A non-working sketch (not the real thing) of the Gallery is shown on the right.
- HOW THE GALLERY WORKS: The Gallery is designed to enable you to apply descriptive terms to visual properties of minerals. On the left, right, and bottom of the Gallery are lists of appropriate descriptive terms. When you click on one of the terms, one to three pictures of examples of minerals that display that characteristic will appear in the central section of the Gallery. A box containing information about the characteristic will also appear.
- The mineral specimens that demonstrate the characteristics are identified by numbers located in a corner of the picture.
- Click on each descriptive term. Look at the mineral examples and read the information about the characteristic.
- If the number of one of the minerals you have been assigned appears, record the number of the mineral and the associated descriptive term on your printout of Part B of the Mineral Properties Form.
- If another of your assigned minerals appears, repeat the above procedure.